Thursday, March 29, 2007

life as i know it

This morning I saw my sixty-year-old neighbor through the window in his undies. Tight whites, even. Not exactly what you want to wake up to. I guess he figured nobody would be up at such an ungodly hour. Little did he know I had physical therapy this morning at 7:15, so that put me up at 4:30 to be able to get in my half-marathon training beforehand. Brutal. I hope to not have many mornings like that. Especially the underwear part. Close the blinds, dude.

Speaking of physical therapy, I had to start a "soft foods" diet today (the therapy is for my jacked-up jaw). This is going to be interesting, especially since I've been hungrier since the mileage has increased on the training. I'm just not sure that soup and smoothies are going to do the trick for Ravenous Post-Run Amanda. Maybe I won't pass out and die.

In other fun news, I fell down last weekend. It's been a while since that's happened, so it was about time. I was running a six miler in Mountain Brook, and probably about mile four I got tired and started shuffling the feet a bit without really noticing. While going from road to sidewalk, I clipped the curb and bit it super hard. But somehow I managed to tuck and roll and avoid injury, with the exception of some scraped up hands and a polka-dot bruise on my right knee. This all happened on one of the busiest roads in Mountain Brook. Wham-o. Right on the concrete. Layin' on my back like a cockroach. Bonus ... I also peed on myself while attempting to "hover" at a Starbucks bathroom halfway through the run. That was gross.

So, that's life for me these days. Running, falling down, not chewing, and peeing on myself. What more could I ask for?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love,
Ansley

Anonymous said...

Yay...another entry that did not disappoint and provided some much needed laughter! Please write a book soon! I'm so proud of you for running all that.

Anonymous said...

ok, so that was hilarious...

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at the tuck and roll. It's a mental image that will brighten many a dark day for me. Thanks for getting me through a tough run by sacrificing the body.

alisa said...

how i love you and your humor

Anonymous said...

hey! i can actually comment now!

i think you are brave for saying you peed on yourself. high five.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Casey. I just gotta tell it like it is.