Friday, August 17, 2007

somewhere north of here

A common thread has been intricately woven though conversations, thoughts, and dreams. At every turn, another occurrence and a glimmer of hope for a soul restrained. "Your heart is free, it is redeemed. You can trust where it is leading you. You can trust the One who makes His home there."

All my life I've been taught that I can't trust myself ... my heart, my desires. But where is God in that? Where is the God who knows us perfectly, made our brains and our souls and our spirits? A God who would give us brains and souls and spirits without the means by which to use them would be a cruel God. But I believe, or at least am coming to believe, that He places desires in us that can be trusted. Desires that can't be ignored. That give us insight into who He made us to be, and where He wants us to go. And I'm ready to follow, to explore the unknown in faith that I won't be making a mistake.

My heart is calling me North.

5 comments:

G. Twilley said...

Well, you may have to make a second visit then - you know, when you're not going to be running 13 miles and when it's a little warmer.

Unless you're talking about Nashville.

If that's the case, then disregard.

Amanda said...

No ... not talking about Nashville. I'm sure I will want to make a second visit ... and I can't wait for the first one!

susan said...

And, there's your answer, huh?

Anonymous said...

I love the north.
I also felt like Bham was where I should live when I took my job. This felt too mystical for my liking, but I did it anyway, and totally have not regretted it. For what it's worth.

Laura said...

You should take a sabbatical from life, and come stay with us for a while, try things out up here.

Besides, I need someone else who I can say "y'all" to. Even Gene makes fun of my Southern accent.