Thursday, February 14, 2008

valentine's cards, as promised

These took kind of a long time, but they were really fun (except for the bloodshed when I jabbed my finger with a needle) and turned out pretty cute. I'm sure that you could figure out the how-to because you're all smart cookies, but I'll give it to you anyway so I can feel like I know something. This one looks a little wrinkly ... not the best-looking one.

One ... buy pink paper and cut it into fourths.


Two ... cut a heart template, place it on back of card, and poke holes around outside with needle.


Three ... write the words you want on the card on a piece of paper, and use needle to make holes along the writing (will serve as a guide when you transfer the holes to the card)


Four ... thread needle with desired color and stitch through holes of heart. Make another heart on the inside if you want (I did the second one free-hand).


Five ... take the words and place them on the back of the card so that the letters will be going the right direction when you look at the front of the card. Using the guide holes, poke holes in the card.


Six ... stitch through the holes in the words.


Voila! Happy Valentine's Day! I hand wrote a little message on them. Too cute, even for Mandie.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute and impressive!