Tuesday, March 25, 2008

two birds, one stone

The advertising continues. Here are two new things that I like:

One: Urban Freaking Standard. Okay, so "freaking" really isn't in the title, but this place is so great I had to add it. Urban Standard is a Coffee Shop/Deli/Vendor of Unique Goods located at 2320 2nd Avenue North in downtown Birmingham. It has been open since November and I have just discovered it in the last week. Needless to say, I have been missing out.

On my first visit, I spent a lazy Saturday afternoon sipping a latte (see below), reading The Order of the Phoenix, and checking out all the cute boys who work there. And may I crudely say that there is not an unattractive person in the place. I was surprised by the presence of two attractive redheads, which is a rather rare occurrence since I find that most redheaded boys look like Scut Farkus from A Christmas Story.

Your latte could look like this.

Today's visit included lunch, (Chicken Salad Sandwich on what I think was Big Sky Wheat Bread, Dilled Broccoli Salad), dessert (a scrumptious homemade white-on-white cupcake), and cup of coffee (French-pressed Primavera). Third visit ... Thursday morning breakfast with dear friend Amy who's leaving us for Boston this weekend.



Inside the fine establishment. This picture doesn't do it justice.


Two: MTV Power Yoga. I got this through Netflix last week, and finally got around to doing it last night. It was much more challenging that the one I currently own - it got my heart rate up crazy fast, and really helped me get in some deep stretches and tough poses (which I am definitely feeling today). Surprising, considering MTV produced it. If you're a yogi, I recommend it.

2 comments:

Carla Jean said...

I love seeing the Urban love spread. :) I am going today! I haven't been in... gosh, probably a week.

Angie Davis said...

I have yet to see, much less taste a real cappuccino in B'ham. Can't wait to go!