Friday, November 4, 2005

So this is life

I am enjoying my new job. The people are great and I stay really busy, which makes the days go by pretty fast. Traffic sucks more than I could have ever imagined. Even on days when I get off early, I still have to sit in it. What the f?

It is so sad that most of my adult life will be spent at work. I am there most of the time, and then I come home to 4 or 5 short hours of time that I can call my own. Then its off to bed only to do it again the next day. I always wondered why my parents came home from work and just sat down in front of the television for the rest of the night. I'm beginning to understand. After only one week of waking up at 5:45, I am exhausted and more thankful for Saturday than I have ever been in my life. I guess I better get used to it ... 40 years until retirement.

No comments: