Friday, September 21, 2007

blog stew, take two

If there is one thing I have learned recently, it is this: don't blog about and/or tell everyone you see about first dates. All of your friends will ask you about it repeatedly, and then when there isn't a second date you look like a tool. That's what I get for being overzealous. So, consider that the date update.


-----

I bought a bike! Finding things to do for half marathon cross-training that aren't extremely boring is tough, and I figured that this would be fun. I feel like such a bad ass with the rack on my car, even though I haven't ridden the bike yet because I'm scared out of my freaking mind. It's been about 14 years since I've ridden a bike, but it's just like riding a ... bike - right? I plan to take it to a low-traffic area for the first spin. It is a Trek Hybrid. It cost more than my furniture, which makes me sweat a little every time I think about it. That just means I better ride the hell out of it. But it is blue and shiny and I like it.

-----

There are about a zillion concerts going on in Birmingham this Fall that I want to go to. As my clever friend Ginny said, it's a Concertapalooza. So far, I am going to Matthew Perryman Jones (which I totally won tickets to on Reg's Coffeehouse), Nickel Creek, Lucy Kaplansky (in Decatur, GA), Ben Harper, and Brandi Carlile. I saw Fionn Regan on Wednesday night, but it was free and, according to Casey, it doesn't count. But he was really good, and he has an accent which makes him even better. There are others I want to go to, but I'm too poor. And I just bought that bike. And I have two more races to register for. Doh! Don't ask me to go out to eat or anything for the next two months. The answer is no. Unless you're paying - then the answer is yes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. A Trek Hybrid...
Does that mean it only runs on gas half the time?

2. Fionn counts as a concert, but you can't use it as an excuse to not go to another, since you didn't pay any money.

3. If you do not go to MuteMath you will forever live with regret. And I won't be your friend anymore.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Sure, you're weedy and kind of shy, but some homie out there must be needy for a weedy, shy gal.

Amanda said...

casey -

1. touché! that actually means you can use it as a mountain bike or a road bike.

2. thanks for the approval. point taken.

3. i did not realize that our friendship was so fragile.

and thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

gilby730 said...

you should call when you come over to GA, girl...

Ashley Davis said...

1. I'm crazy jealous of your bike. Mine came from a yard sale and needs some updates.

2. I heard you were coming over last night with the Pattons but you didn't show up. You should come over sometime! Next time cme!

Amanda said...

ashley -

1. update that mother and come ride!

2. sorry about the no-show. i would deinfintely like to be in on the next arrested development night!

hope you guys are doing well ...

susan said...

YOU did not look like a tool. HE did look like a tool. Don't worry, Mandie, I bet he's a total homosexual. That's what I'm going to tell everyone anyway.

Su

Amanda said...

Thanks, Su.

I appreciate the offer to spread dirty homosexual rumors, but I don't think that will be necessary. :)