Wednesday, December 5, 2007

a complaint

Dear No Good Dirty Rotten Landlord,

I feel it my duty to inform you that your "answering service" for maintenance is crap. My bathroom ceiling is falling in, and I can't seem to count on your maintenance men, aka any old man who owns a hammer and has at least two missing teeth, to stop by and take a look at the crumbling, moldy mess. I realize that this shitty old building has probably been paid off for 30 years and there's really no reason why you should want to keep the place up. Surely not for the respiratory health of your residents, or to help them avoid death by falling ceilings. Please respond quickly, or I might be found dead and naked in the shower, having been crushed by an avalanche of sheet rock and penny nails. No one wants to be found dead and naked.

Scared of My Shower,

Amanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the apartment below me is still for rent

G. Twilley said...

Seriously, if you bought your own house in Philly, you wouldn't have to worry about this kind of crap (There's one listed two blocks east of us (almost right off of broad) for $79,000 - the payments on that would probably be less than $500 / month...the listing says that it just needs a little "TLC").

Amy said...

i think just being knocked unconscious would be worse. because somebody might find you, call some handsome paramedics, who would see you naked and you would be cold.