Friday, February 1, 2008

too old for this

Why must concerts start at 8:00 on weeknights? I love music, and I love to hear it live, but I also love to sleep. And be alert and worth a flip at work the next day. Why can't they begin at 6:00? 7:00, even? Especially when the people who typically go to these shows are young, working professionals. I don't know about the rest of the world, but put me in the bed past 10:00, and I am going to be a major Crankasaurus Rex the next day. I'm just sayin'.


BUT, I am not deterred. Griffin House, tomorrow night. Over the Rhine, Monday night. It's going to be a good week.

4 comments:

jess said...

and david wilcox on the 19th...
r u a fan? if so you ought to try to go w/ us and gin...

kristen said...

SO TRUE. We really wanted to go to OTR but they play second and we both have to teach the next morning at 8a, and with the sitter and everything... :(

In college almost every show started at 9 and it was no big deal. My how things have changed.

Anonymous said...

oh, come on! 8:00 IS an early show. it would be silly to start a show at 6:00. then people would have a whole new list of complaints... "what about dinner?" "i don't get off until 5, how am i going to get there in time?" blah blah. if 8:00 is too late for a show, then you're too old to go. sorry, it's the truth.

p.s. that sounds way harsher than it's intended to.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Pattons. 8 p.m. is a really early show. You are young! No more going to bed before 10!!