Monday, March 10, 2008

an easter prayer

Dear God,

As we enter into this Easter season, there are many things to be thankful for. First and foremost are the death, burial, and resurrection. These are obvious, and words cannot express our gratitude. We pray that you would make our hearts increasingly thankful for your unbelievable Gifts.

But we'd also like to take a moment and thank you for the fourth best thing about Easter - the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. For the sweet, creamy - yet, slightly salty - filling. A filling that is 75% better than the normal Reese's filling. For the lovely Easter egg shape (though we are not entirely sure how Easter came to be associated with eggs and rabbits). And for the beautiful combination of peanut butter and chocolate. One of your best ideas to date.

Please grant us the self-control to consume them in moderation.

Amen.



11 comments:

jess said...

you ain't kiddin. amen indeed!

Carla Jean said...

Add another amen to the list... and my vote for the sixth and seventh best things about Easter: Snickers eggs and Sweettarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies (respectively)

Anonymous said...

I love these, too, but they have way too many calories in them for me to indulge. It would take, like, 45 minutes on the treadmill to burn it off!

(Sorry, I am trying to walk hard-core every day and count my calories. I no longer see food; I see numbers.)

Amanda said...

thanks, debbie downer. :)

Anonymous said...

amen, hallelujah, thank you for all 4 things.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, sister. We have consumed way to many already this Easter season.

Angie Davis said...

amen amen! Why is it that Easter candy is truly better than "normal"?
Maybe that is good for us though......b/c I will not be thinking about a treadmill!

G. Twilley said...

I prefer peeps.

No, I am not a cannabilistic fear monger.

I'm talking about marshmallows (Marsh+Mal-ohs, not Marsh+mel-ohs; yes, the lowercase and uppercase have reasonings behind their placements).

Anonymous said...

Was the "debbie downer" comment in reference to me? If so, it would be sorta funny because my name is actually Deborah. :) However, if anyone calls me Debbie to my face, I cannot be responsible for what happens to them.

*averts eyes from pile of bodies in background*

Elisa M said...

I ate one of these today and thought of you. I thanked God for all of it's yumminess. And for making me appreciate it more via your blog.

Elisa M said...

Hi. I know that this is not the best place to do this, but I have a blogging project that I think you would be a fantastic addition to. You can read more about it at my blog, or go to www.bhamnests.blogspot.com.
Let me know what you think!
btw-I would have emailed you if I had your email...this is a little awkward. ;)