Tuesday, August 19, 2008

and it starts ...

An interview with myself ...

Me: So, Amanda. Fall is almost here, are you excited?

Me: Does a bear shit in the woods?

Me: Point taken. What is it about fall that you love so much?

Me: I get really excited about mellow creme pumpkins, as I’ve mentioned, but other than that, I enjoy wearing clothing that covers all of my extremities and drinking warm beverages without sweating. Also, I really like fire and would like one for my birthday. Oh, yes. I also like my birthday, as it is in October. The most superior of the months.

Me: That is a bold statement.


Me: I like to party.

Me: Right. So, what do you like least about fall?

Me: I’ve been told that I have an “irrational hatred for football” (I ain’t mad at ya, Trip).

Me: Interesting. Let’s say you hear someone talking about the upcoming season around the water cooler at work. What is your gut reaction?

Me: Intense disdain and an urge to pour boiling acid into my ear canals.

Me: That is a strong reaction. Did something happen to you as a child?

Me: Other than growing up in the Football Mecca of the South and hearing of nothing but the beloved Tide all of my life? No.

Me: You have issues. What do you think of girls who are really into football?

Me: I think they pretend to like it to talk to guys, and are therefore my mortal enemies (sorry CJ).

Me: What if you marry a guy who is really into football? Will you talk about it with him?

Me: Will I? Yes. Will I want to? No.

Me: So, Alabama or Auburn?

Me: I hate you.

8 comments:

Elisa M said...

I love you.

Carla Jean said...

Agree to disagree... :)

It's not like a guy has ever said, "Hey, that girl likes football. She talks about it WAY TOO MUCH. She won't stop telling everyone which five games she has plans to attend this season. That's hot. I should take her out."

It doesn't work that way. Unfortunately. :)

Anonymous said...

this post made me laugh, love it.

i want to take out all of my sweaters and pet them. hurray, fall!

CJ, i love that you love football. irrational as that may be.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I feel lame to say this now, but I SWEAR when I clicked comments my aim was to type "I love you" but then Elisa said it first and that now makes me look like a lame-o copycat poser. But I mean it...

jess said...

october is indeed the superior of all months. i, too, was born in that great month!
your blog is my mostest favorite.
please. write. a. book.
or, at the very least, never stop blogging.

trip said...

I have a hunch that your relationship to football is kind of like one of those scenes in romantic comedies where two people hate each other so much and they get into a heated argument before they suddenly start making out and fall in love. Just wait.

Oh, and, CJ, if you're into ACC football, I've got some Clemson tickets...(although not to the Alabama/Clemson game, unfortunately)

SJ said...

The answer to the last question is Alabama ;-)

Carla Jean said...

Trip, if you've got Clemson/FSU tickets, you would be my BFF.