Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Boot

Many of you have probably already heard, but I was laid off from my job yesterday afternoon. I am officially an unemployed victim of the economy! Well, except for Starbucks, which definitely isn't enough to pay the bills. If you're reading and know of any available jobs, I am definitely looking. You can reach me at amanda.r.hannah@gmail.com.

I am surprised that I am not freaking out right now. I only have two weeks of severance pay and no good job leads so far ... but somehow, by the grace of God, I am at peace about this. I have no doubt that God is going to provide for me, and view this as more of an opportunity than an obstacle. I have been wanting out of that job almost since I started it, so I was about 25% sad and 75% excited when I got the news. In a way, I view this as another step toward going back to school and am excited about the opportunities that wait.

I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of my friends and community. Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed, and visited me at Starbucks. It means so much to know that people care and are willing to help in any way. I have the best friends.

6 comments:

SK said...

No good. That is really sad. Let us know if you're about to come up short on your rent or something similar. Hang in.

Bryan said...

sorry to hear that! what kind of work are you looking for?

Angie Davis said...

so sorry amanda. yet, i too am anxious to see what the next step will be!

i will commit to pray for you during some late night baby feedings. that's a lot of prayer.

mcclure adoption said...

oh sadness. and excitement...! like ang, i'm excited to see what happens for you in this next year.

ps, can you transfer to a starbucks in the bean? b/c you have a place to stay...


just sayin'

Anonymous said...

I miss you and I love you. It's not the same without you there. Feels empty!

Julie-Anne said...

So sorry about your misfortune, but God's plans always yield the most beautiful results! Lots of love...