Sunday, March 8, 2009

i didn't die

Hello, Internets. Please forgive the lapse of time between my last post and this one. I no longer have much concept of time and didn't realize how long it has been.

The last time I posted, I had just been laid off from my job. The question I've been getting most frequently is, "How is the job search going?" It is usually followed by a look of pity, and maybe a pat on the arm. The answer is, I am not looking for a job. I am working almost full time at Starbucks, and will be nannying part time this summer.

The second most frequent question I've been getting is, "How was Boston?" Answer: it was great. Will I be living there? Sadly, no. At least I don't think so. I found out when I got there that Emerson doesn't allow second bachelor's degrees. I would have to apply to the graduate program, which isn't a problem except that I missed the deadline and would have to wait for 1.5 years to start school. That's too long for an Old like me. The time is now, and now is the time ... so I will be taking some upper-level undergraduate English classes this summer at UAB, and applying to start grad school there (I guess ... ?) in the Fall. This is a bit sad because the program isn't quite what I'm looking for, but it is here and is much, much cheaper than Emerson. I am not convinced that UAB is the best option, but it is looking like the most feasible one at this point.

That's all for now ... just a boring update. I will be thinking of something better to write when I'm not so sleepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA for updates!! I've been checking your blog daily..do you HEAR me?? DAILY. keep em coming. LOVE YOU.