Thursday, May 14, 2009

i'm pretty sure my head just exploded

I receive frequent emails from a recipe website, and opened one today entitled "13 Great Ideas for a Girl's Night In." One of these brilliant ideas was called "Celebrating Being Single." Below is an excerpt from the article which has left me unfortunately lacking a head:

"There's a lot to be said for being a single girl. The toilet seat is always down. There are no arguments about taking out the trash. The television remote is all yours. And, you can always stop and ask for directions. Rejoice and make Valentine's Day a day to highlight the joys of single life."

Well, that just about covers it. Not only do I get to live with other women - something that is more unnatural than learning to live with the opposite sex, in my opinion - I get to always have the toilet seat in it's correct position, always have control over the blessed television, take out my own trash, ask for directions, AND throw fabulous parties at which I raise my champagne flute to toast all of the other women who have the same "good life" as I do. What could I ever have to complain about?!

Silly me.

2 comments:

Elisa M said...

Those celebrate being single bullshit things make me so angry.

there ARE a lot of good things about being single, but those are not them. I mean, seriously?!

those are women who think it is bad to be upset about being single. So they try to justify it with crappy reasons to like being single...like TAKING OUT THE TRASH and the TOILET SEAT!!!
ok, stepping down from my soapbox now...
to go take out the trash and make out with my TV remote.

susan said...

You know what I kind of missed about being single after I was first married? Being lonely. I had come to define myself by being lonely.

Messed up, I know.