Monday, June 1, 2009

hello, gorgeous


I went to a thrift store today to look for old picture frames, and instead came out with this beauty. I've been thinking of selling my ho-hum sofa and getting something both more neutral and with a little more character. I did not expect to find it for a mere $35. Now all she needs is a coat of paint and a reupholstering job.

I haven't picked it up yet, seeing as I drive a Corolla, so if anyone is out there with a truck who is willing to help a girl out, it would be much appreciated. And maybe compensated in some way.

Also, if you know of a good and reasonable upholsterer, I'm looking for one of those, too.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this! What color are you thinking about for the reupholstering (is that even a word?)?

Love your blog!

Angie Davis said...

i see huge potential!

bryan's mom has mentioned a place in clanton that was very reasonable. i'll try to find out.

Amanda said...

Amanda -

Thanks for commenting! I am thinking of going with something neutral that I will like for a long time, and that can be manipulated with accent colors should I be hit with the sudden whimsy to redecorate. Right now, I am really wanting gray velvet - preferably a lighter gray with the trim painted a few shades darker.

Angie -

I know, right? I would appreciate any contacts I can get. Thanks!