Thursday, October 8, 2009

chronicles of an online dater: volume three

This guy was a "match" for me. See if you can find what is wrong with this description of himself:

"I'm artistic, creative, funny, deep thinker, a genital man, caring, moralistic, down to earth, laid back, daring, friendly, outgoing, I work for what I want, not afraid to be honest, been in alot of areas so I been around alot of personalities, which I get along with most, has have my heart broken, been through alot, I learn from my mistakes, I've been an outlaw/rebel, the one in the middle or out on the stage, I believe I can take anything, love music, going out to new places, enjoying time with friends and family."

Ok, so there are a lot of things wrong ("a lot" is not one word, for one). But look closely. Don't see it? Let me help ...

"I'm artistic, creative, funny, deep thinker, a genital man, caring, moralistic, down to earth, laid back, daring, friendly, outgoing, I work for what I want, not afraid to be honest, been in alot of areas so I been around alot of personalities, which I get along with most, has have my heart broken, been through alot, I learn from my mistakes, I've been an outlaw/rebel, the one in the middle or out on the stage, I believe I can take anything, love music, going out to new places, enjoying time with friends and family."

That's right. He's a "genital" man. Profile FAIL! I thought about emailing him just to see if he knew how he had described himself, but that would rob so many other women of a good laugh.

6 comments:

sara said...

wow. too . many . jokes . overload...

lyndsey said...

so i am thinking this particular online service may need to have it's users pass a basic spelling test prior to getting to post profiles?? That is too funny!! Genital!! HA!

Patrick said...

Perhaps what he meant to say was, "According to my genitals, I'm a man." Which must be said because he isn't one in other ways. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

who is this patrick guy, and when can i meet him? haha.

Unknown said...

Genital... Ha! Let me guess, not the 5th grade spelling bee champ.

Heather Johnson said...

ouch. proof you need to let your friends read over your profile, no matter how embarrassed you might be to do it.