Thursday, January 28, 2010

worth keeping

A couple of years ago, I stumbled upon The Everybodyfields - the duo of Sam Quinn and Jill Andrews. Their earthy, folk-country-rock style immediately sucked me in and I was hooked. I listened to Nothing is Okay on repeat for probably two months, and got to see them twice in concert - both phenomenal shows. Unfortunately, I discovered them near the end of their career as a band. They have both gone on to other projects, Jill striking out on her own, and Sam forming Sam Quinn and Japan Ten.

This is a video of one of my favorites of Jill's new music. She is a fantastic songwriter, and has an equally amazing voice. This song captures the beauty and tragedy of relationship.




Worth Keeping

Say you're tired
Say you're busy
You can lie to me
Should come easy
For you have been doing it
For a while

Look away when I'm talking
Please don't say what you're thinking
You have been thinking for a while
You have been thinking for a while

Take our hands out of your pockets and hold me
Turn your eyes round in their sockets so you can see
The way that I look at you
I am just a ray of sun you are daylight
I'm an early morning, you are a good night
And a prayer before I can go to sleep

When you could be straight ahead, you go sideways
When you're lying in your bed its a long way
From the place that you wanted to be

Grab a hold of anything that's worth keeping
From your house of flames that you should be leaving
Or stay and let it burn you down
Let it burn you down

No comments: