Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sams Rage

So you thought those greeter people at Sams/Walmart were friendly and helpful? You've never met the lady that works the Sams on Lakeshore.

First of all, this lady had unmistakelably fake eyebrows. If you have read any of my earlier posts, you know how I feel about drawn-on eyebrows, and this lady had some real winners. Her hair was gray, yet her eyebrows were red-orange. Nice.

So, I am going to Sams for work. I got the check to pay for the craploads of bulk items, but forgot to get the magic card that gets you into the "club." Well, I have my own card so I just went, thinking that it would suffice. Well ... the card and the check apparently have to match. Who knew.

So this old lady with fake eyebrows is standing at the door when I arrive. The store doesn't open for regular card-toting members until 10:00 am and it is 9:30. I see where there is a special entrance for "business customers." So I enter, and explain that I forgot the card, but show her the check with my company's name on it and ask if I can come in. She asks to see my card (which is a business card, by the way, just for my dad's business). I show it to her and she proceeds to tell me that I can't even come in the store because my card and my check don't match. No option to talk to someone at customer service, and no budging from the Sams police. At this point it is all I can do to restrain myself from either A) yelling at this old lady and causing a scene, or B) Picking her up and throwing her to the ground, causing an even larger scence and possibly being arrested (and breaking her hip). So instead, I say nothing, turn and walk back to my car with tears of anger and frustration welling up in my eyes, only to sit and wait in my car until 10:00.

I proceed to customer service. Explain the situation. They try to give me crap, but I don't take it. They print me a new card. I shop, I pay, I leave. The same lady is checking receipts at the door. Sweet victory. In your face, old lady.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

really funny. i'm glad you emerged victorious.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my nana your talking about!