Sunday, March 26, 2006

the new title

I feel the need to explain the new title, even though some of you might get it if you're big Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks fans.

I recently realized that my old title (Rock of Gibralter, Pillar of Strength) sounded very spiritual, although this was not my intent. Those are actually two phrases that the Myers-Briggs personality test people use to describe me (an ISTJ). There is a joke about that with my college roommates, but I realize that it is not funny to everyone else, and it makes me sound like I am a really good Christian, which simply isn't true. So I decided to change it.

The search for a new title has been going on for a while. But everytime I thought of something and typed it in, I would look at it for a minute and then decide that it was stupid, only to type my old title back in and walk away without victory. This new title is a great line from the movie "You've Got Mail," which I happened to watch on television this morning (yes, while most people are at church ... because I go to the most awesome church ever that lets me sleep in and go to church at four in the afternoon). I'm not going to explain the quote ... just know that it is funny and go watch the movie. It is on a trial run.

4 comments:

jeff said...

I watched that this morning to.

Amanda said...

Wow, Jeff ... that reminds me of that scene from An American Tale where those two mice are singing Somewhere Out There. Even across two states, we are with each other, Jeff.

Isn't that such a great movie line, though? It cracks me up!

Ginny said...

i do love that line. i can just hear meg ryan saying it. it made me laugh when i saw it was your title

Ginny said...

maybe i should change my title. i have to think of something clever. oh the pressure