Thursday, June 1, 2006

maccaroni and cheese machine guns

Yesterday in downtown Birmingham, a woman was abducted at gunpoint in the parking lot of her office. Since I work in the area, there was a buzz in our office about it all day, as well as at my community group last night. I guess after thinking about it all day, I was bound to dream about it. My dream went a little something like this ...

I am in the parking lot of the church I used to attend in Tuscaloosa, looking for something in my trunk when I get this feeling that someone is watching. I close the trunk and start to walk to the building where all of the other church-goers are entering the building. The man who was watching me follows and I notice that he has a gun. He is asking me questions and I am very calmly answering as I keep walking toward the safety of the crowd. As I get to the building the man starts to shoot his gun, which has transformed from a small handgun to a gigantic machine gun. When he shoots, instead of bullets coming out, a thick, steady stream of maccaroni and cheese emerges (I just realized that I ate that at community group last night). So, of course I survived the mac and cheese blast, and the predator got away. The funniest part is that at the end of the dream I said out loud (and I quote), "I like maccaroni and cheese just as much as the next girl." And I ate it off the ground. The end.

1 comment:

Jason Harmon said...

Gene and I were talking this morning over breakfast about how sometimes his dreams come true. Mine do too sometimes, I guess everyone's do from time to time. When yours does let me know. In the meantime I'll be working on my macoronni machine gun....it still gets clogged after a few thousand rounds.