Monday, June 19, 2006

my most recent conversation with my neighbor josh (aka ... "no shirt guy")

Just about everyday when I come home from work, there sits Josh in his folding chair ... beer in cup-holder, cigarette in hand, and not wearing a shirt. When I came home on Friday, he wasn't there, but his back door was open. I walked past, but was quickly interrupted on the trek to my poorly painted back door. I turn around to see Josh (in his usual attire), and this is the conversation that followed:

Josh: [With a very thick southern accent] Haaaay. How're you?

Me: I'm fine Josh, how are you?

Josh: I'm doin' alright. Hey ... does my hair look fucked up?

Me: No, it looks good. Did you get it cut?

Josh: Yeah ... that old man that lives over there cuts hair. I thought it it looked fucked up. Are you sure?

Me: Yes, it looks fine.

Josh: Okay. Hey ... are you goin' to City Stages this weekend?

Me: No, I think its pretty expensive.

Josh: Oh ... how much does it cost?

Me: I think about $30.

Josh: Oh, well ... you know Hank's gonna be there.

Me: [Thinking about faking excitement about Hank, but deciding not to]. Yeah, I heard. So is Snoop Dogg.

Josh: [Laughing, but looking like he really doesn't know who Snoop Dogg is] Yeah. Well, I just thought I'd speak to ya.

Me: Okay. Well ... see ya later.

Josh: See ya later.

8 comments:

jeff said...

I could actually visualize that conversation without ever meeting the guy.

alisa said...

i think he wanted to ask you out.

David said...

of course he wanted to ask you out... I mean shoot, he got a haircut and everything... Amanda I think you may have broke his heart... LOL

Amanda said...

Ha! I wish you could all see this guy and you would know how hilarious it is that you said that.

I don't dig shirtless guys who are into Hank. Or do I? ...

David said...

you totally are into him....LOL...

don't worry amanda...I've seen him....and unless u want to be barefoot and pregnant and learn how to shoot a shotgun from ur front porch, thats not gonna work out too well for ya...haha

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, David ... I forgot that you've met Josh.

I am surrendering to my love for him ... I long to be barefoot and pregnant, and to shoot shotguns.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I pictured all of that!

s. wells said...

that sounds like absolutely everyone that lives in dothan.
if i had a nickel for all the conversations i've had like that...