Wednesday, July 12, 2006

new shoes and kitty cats

So, yesterday I finally went the the Track Shack and retired my old running shoes. The friendly (and good looking, I might add) gentleman at the store was very helpful, telling me what sort of shoe I needed and whatnot. When it came time to measure my feet I got a little nervous. See, recently I have noticed that one of my feet is a good bit larger than the other. This has left me feeling sort of freakish. So, I tell the guy that one of them is bigger than the other and he asks me to put my left foot on the measuring thingy. It's worse than I suspected ... my right foot is an entire size larger than my left! The guy didn't seem surprised, so hopefully I'm not the only person in the world with this abnormality (I know of at least one more). My right foot is a whopping 10.5, while my left is a 9.5. This puts me at official amazon lady foot size.

After buying my big shoes, I couldn't wait to try them out so I went running. When I came back and noticed my neighbor Josh sitting on his back porch, I decided to take the front door instead. I sat down on the steps to cool down, and my neighbor Jamie's cat was on my front porch. This cat has taken up residence on our front stoop, even though his home is right across the courtyard. So, I'm just sitting there listening to my iPod and admiring my new big shoes when kitty cat comes rubbing up against my legs, like kitty cats do. Then kitty cat nudges my hand, as if asking me to pet his head. So I humor him (side note: I don't really dig cats). Well, this wasn't enough for kitty cat ... he proceeded to crawl into my lap, put his paws on my chest so that his face was right next to mine, and stare at me intently for a long period of time. Kitty cat was creeping me out. I have never felt so violated by a cat before ... It felt like he was reading my mind or something. I can't get away from creepiness on either side of my apartment.

5 comments:

W&MGrad said...

Cats know when people don't like them and they immediately go for those people. It's true...they are cunning little buggers!

jeff said...

thats hiliarious.. your one of a kind..Alot of people have one foot that is a little larger than the other. if it makes you feel any better my left pectoral muscle is larger than my right..

Amanda said...

Jeff ... let's not talk about your pectoral muscles, okay? ;)

alisa said...

jeff... you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

hey we have a blog now!