Thursday, July 20, 2006

open letter

Dear Mr. Fancy Pants Big Shot Corporate Guy,

I am sorry that [insert name of really important engineer] is not available to take your call. And I am sorry that I cannot personally walk up to him while he is basking in the sun on his vacation in Seaside, FL to let him know that you would like to speak with him. Also, I am sorry that the six other really important engineers that you asked to speak with are not available to take your call. Rest assured, if I could I would travel to the office where they are sitting, undoubtedly having really important meetings with other really imporant engineers and architects, just to tell them that you really need to speak with them. Contrary to popular belief, I do not control these really important engineers, and cannot pull them out of my ass so that you can get in touch with them, or make them magically appear in their offices. Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Amanda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I know exactly how you feel. I am (sadly) a receptionist for a rather large church here. People are ruthless when they "need" to speak to a pastor. Mind if I use your letter as a template? With "pastor" in place of "engineer," of course.

jeff said...

that just plain funny!

Anonymous said...

Why do big shot corporate guys always wear fancy pants? Do they really think they are impressing anyone? Why can't they just wear regular pants like us? I bet they don't put those fancy pants on one leg at a time either.