Tuesday, January 8, 2008

happenings

Work: Today ended my 90-day trial as Marketing Assistant. I still have a job! Hopefully I will have a raise. Also, we are having a Biggest Loser competition at the office. I'm pretty pumped about it, and want to win big. But all I can think right now is, "Dang, I'm hungry." I plan on winning, and with the money I receive I will purchase my first pair of designer jeans. Or put it toward the Send Amanda to New York fund. Woot.

School: Can't decide about going back to school. There is still a big part of me that wants to go North for a while, get myself educated, meet my husband (riiight), and experience a different area of the country. But there is another part that wants to stay in Birmingham, keep my job (which I don't hate anymore), enjoy my new group of friends, and see what God does with our church now that we have a new senior pastor. Words of wisdom welcomed in the comments section.

Miscellaneous: I just finished my first calligraphy class and loved it. Planning to take another one in February, and eventually do wedding invitations for some extra Benjamins. I'm also looking into taking photography classes at Samford after Sundown, if the people will ever contact me with some information. My friend Penny has offered to let me splash some paint around on a canvas, too ... all kinds of much needed artistry. That's life for me at the moment. Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2....do it girl. It has been the best year of my life, literally....and to quote my new greatest influencer in life, "A change is as good as a rest."

Anonymous said...

i love the north, and i love school, and i love having my good friend mandy 'round the corner. so i am no help at all, after all.

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry for misspelling mandie.

jess said...

can you tell i'm working my way through all of the posts that i haven't read? sorry for the delinquent comments here...i took a calligraphy class b4 grayson was born and LOVED it! it's been on the backburner for some time now, but would love to pick it up again one day.