Saturday, April 25, 2009

Things Not to Do at a Coffee Shop

  1. Do not approach the counter having no idea what you want, especially if there is a line. Take your time looking at the menu, stand around in the store all day if you must, but when you step up to the counter it is Go Time.
  2. Do not let your teenagers come into the store to hang out if they are only going to get free water or cups full of whipped cream. This is rude, and your giggling gaggle of teenage girls is annoying. (P.S. Send your kids to me when their cheerleading uniforms start to get too tight and I'll tell them what they did wrong).
  3. DO NOT assume that the tip jar is a "take a penny, leave a penny" jar. If you want to piss off your barista, go ahead and take money from the tips. I dare you.
  4. Do not try to underhandedly get things for free. You want a coffee refill? You gotta pay for it. You want an extra shot? Tell me before you've already paid. You want soy milk? That costs extra. This may be a recession, but coffee is a luxury, not a necessity. If you don't have the money, don't try to buy it.
  5. Do not order the most complicated drink known to man and then not leave a tip.
  6. Do not pitch a fit because your favorite Gigantic Coffee Chain discontinued "your drink."
  7. Do not assume that your barista is an idiot. If you ordered decaf, you don't have to ask five times to make sure that it is decaf. Remember, most people who work at the Gigantic Coffee Chain either have college degrees, or are currently obtaining them. This ain't Burger King, people.

4 comments:

Angie Davis said...

#2 made me laugh (wait, they all made me laugh). you think they think it is like cool whip and low fat? i guess they don't know you have to clean and refill the whipped cream contraptions either.

also made me think the guy that always ordered a large cherry mocha breve from me. geesh. surely he didn't know what he was really drinking!

hmm...interesting that my word verification is defac....

lyndsey said...

What I want to know is if, like, you guys are, like, open late and stuff for the Jonas Brothers concert in August?? And could you like monogram my whipped topping with a "JB" that night?

Jessica said...

thank you for providing my laugh for the day.... #2 cracked me up but also made me cringe from the memory of "teeny bob land dancers" arriving each week for their cups of whip cream....

Anonymous said...

amen and amen!